When you think of Tuscan Pizza you think of soup, right? Okay, so maybe not. You probably think of our customers referring to us as “the best pizza near me,” our blog post where we try to figure out why people like frozen pizza, or our pizza love letter. But believe it or not, people love our soup – especially during the winter months.
During the summer we don’t sell too much, less than one percent of our sales account for it. During the winter though, soup customers come to life. Check out the chart below to see how much we sold in less than one month!
|Type of Soup||Number of Soups Sold|
|Chicken Noodle Soup||69|
|Italian Wedding Soup||70|
In less than 30 days, nearly 200 people purchased our soup. This number continues to climb the colder it gets outside.
For those of you outside of the North East, we are currently undergoing a “winter storm.” This essentially means we have about two inches of snow on the ground and we stay indoors to stay warm.
Do you know what you can eat to stay warmer? Soup. So huddle around a bowl of our soup of the day.
5 Reasons People Love Our Soup So Much
You might not think it at first, but soup is the perfect quick and easy comfort food. This is doubly so when it’s chilly outside. Think about having a fresh roll and butter alongside you bowl of soup and it’s sure to warm you up. But beyond the delicious factor, soup can actually do the body good. To find out more about the “soup”er powers of this cold weather classic read on below (sorry for the corny joke. We couldn’t help ourselves).
- It warms you up:
- Despite our love of pizza, during the frigid days of winter, we prefer a bowl of soup to warm us up. If you struggle to keep warm in cold weather, you might want to warm your fingers and toes by having some soup. According to nutritionists, hot soup can increase your core body temperature to warm you from the inside out.
- Buy it and forget it:
- Unlike many other meals, a hearty soup is one of the few dishes where you can heat it up at a later time and it still tastes amazing. Pizza is perhaps the only other food we can think of that tastes just as good coming out of the oven as it does hours later.
- Satisfaction guaranteed:
- We all know that drinking plenty of water is a great way to stave off hunger and also keep your body operating at peak physical conditions. Drinking plenty of water is a tad difficult at times though. The high water content of soup means it curves your larger appetite and keeps you hydrated. BBC News even suggested that people who are well hydrated from soups are more satisfied with their meals and don’t overeat.
- Soup improves veggie tolerance:
- A study out of the Netherlands found that people who started eating veggies as toddlers via soup tended to eat vegetables more than their peers who didn’t. They had an improved tolerance for vegetables of all types.
- Low fat and high fiber:
- Creamy soup can be utterly delicious, but it can also be a little unhealthy. Opt for soups filled with beans, lean meats, and vegetables for a healthier choice. Tuscan Pizza uses ingredients that are low-fat and high-fiber to make wonderfully healthy meal options.
So if you’re interested in trying Tuscan Pizza for more than just the pizza, that is perfectly fine. You’re not alone. 200 other people each month back up our claim that our soup is awesome. Come on into our Sicklerville, NJ location and say hi to our fearless soup leader and expert small talker Miguel Carranza.
– The Tuscan Pizza Team